FM10 (does not) output Adobe PDF - quite possible

Georg Eck eck at squidds.de
Mon May 9 09:13:52 PDT 2011

Hi FrameUsers.

Indeed Print as PDF from a book, or selected files, or pages with
different orientations and sizes could FrameMaker Print as PDF.

We add this function to FINALYSER 0044 see menu FINALYSER > PDF tools.

Steps for Printing as PDF:

+ Open a FrameMaker Book

+ Select the file(s) you want to Print as PDF

+ Print > Choose AdobePDF  Printer (Note: Change the paper size if you
want there are special sizes in your book)

+ Select Generate Adobe Data

+ Select Print in File and correct the name with suffix .ps

+ Choose Print

+ You  will get a message from FINALYSER:

    "Postcript file was created. Do you want FINALYSER to convert it to
PDF format?"

+ Choose  YES

Result: You will get a PDF with different page sizes/orientations as PDF
on XP, Win 7(x86) and Win 7 (x64).

-          Georg

-------------------------------

You wrote:

Hello,
I just loaded FM10 on Windows 7 64. I tried to print to Adobe PDF. I
have the request for filename selected, however, it prints, there are no
error messages, and I can't find the file. If I save the file as PDF, it
saves OK, however, I can't get the bookmarks that way. Can someone tell
me if there is a setting that I don't have correct. This worked fine on
FM9.
Thank You,
Bruce