Chinese translation has garbage for index entries (also Mif2Go issue)

Alison Craig Alison.Craig at ultrasonix.com
Tue May 17 15:04:11 PDT 2011

I had some problems with Chinese characters on a recent FM9.0p255 translation job (6 weeks ago). I wasn't converting files to HTML or using Mif2Go, so some of my issues are not parallel, but make sure you check to ensure:

- the actual font being used is installed on your system
- the language is set correctly in all book files.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, so again, we're not apples to apples, but does XP have the option to install additional languages? I found that when I installed "Chinese (Simplified, PRC)", many - but not all - of my issues went away.

Alison