FrameMaker 9

Grant Hogarth Grant at Hedgewizard.net
Fri May 20 08:06:26 PDT 2011

I'm using FM10, and while I like many of the new features, I do feel
that we have sacrificed a lot of the stability and reliability that was
such a hallmark of Frame up through at least version 7.2.
I'm finding that (as an example) the F8 keyboard shortcut sometimes
works and sometimes registers as "unavailable", and I've (as noted in
other messages) had a stability problem --I've sent the crash records to
fmerror at adobe.com, but don't expect a response. I've upgraded from 1 to
2GB RAM, but that seems to have only reduced the problem, not eliminated
it. I am running it on XP32SP3 on an older CoreDuo HP box, but still,
it's not *that* old...

Grant
FM user since ver 2.0 (yes, that long... <g>)