Non-breaking hyphen in Index entries

Les Smalley l_c_smalley at yahoo.com
Tue May 24 14:42:43 PDT 2011

In the index file, you can turn off breaking on the hyphen altogether under Format > Document > Text Options and editing the list of characters that FM permit line breaks to follow.
Once done, do not ever import document properties from another file into the index, or you will likely have to go in as re-edit the setting.
While Dave' suggestion has some merit, it is too specialized to this one example to be a a general solution, as other examples can easily be imagined that include the very awkward break on the separator of chapter and page numbers.
– Les Smalley