Frame 10 inserts 2 pages at end of generated TOC

Tue Nov 1 10:50:14 PDT 2011

Nancy Allison wrote:

> Frame is inserting two pages at the end of the standard generated TOC.
>
> I went into page layout/master page usage and ensured that the pages
> are allocated as:
>
> 1st page uses "First Page" master page
> 2nd through 4th pages use "Left/Right" master pages
>
> I figured that as soon as I regenerated, the two blank extra pages
> would disappear. But they didn't.
>
> The text of the generated TOC ends at the bottom of the second page and
> has the section symbol at the end that indicates the end of a text
> flow. But then, at the top of page 3, there is a second symbol of the
> same type.
>
> Where is that coming from?

That means the text frame on page 3 isn't connected to the preceding pages, that is, it contains a disconnected flow. Page 4 likely exists just to make the page count even or allow the following file to start on an odd (right) page.

Try manually deleting page 3 (Special > Delete Pages).

HTH!

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.