DITA file naming conventions

Yves Barbion yves.barbion at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 08:10:46 PDT 2011

Hi hessiansx4

Some more tips:

   - Avoid spaces and special characters in file names, also in file names
   of graphics
   - Buy some tools and Framescripts to convert your unstructured Fm files
   to DITA: MIF2Go and some Framescripts to rename your topics and change the
   topicrefs in the ditamap accordingly
   - Buy DITA-FMx for enhanced DITA support in FrameMaker 10: you will be
   able to generate a PDF-ready FrameMaker book from your bookmap. The cover,
   frontmatter, table of contents, index and other generated lists will be
   added automatically in 1 go.
   - Get training and coaching. We can help you with the whole process.
   Feel free to contact me off-list if you're interested.

--
Yves Barbion
www.scripto.nu