DITA file naming conventions

Roger Shuttleworth rshuttleworth at avbasesystems.com
Thu Nov 3 12:02:32 PDT 2011

Hi Jim

You make a good point about updating xrefs and related-links, as well as ditamaps, when a file name changes.

I have made good use of the map checking function in oXygen Author. You open the map in Author, then run it through an automated checking routine that will point out any problems such as missing files or inappropriate href values.

I sent a follow-up message to the original poster correcting my recommendation to use folders named according to deliverables. I meant to recommend using the product name, not the deliverable. Different deliverables are created from a single pool of files, using different maps; or perhaps using the same map filtered by ditaval.

Thanks for your tip about GUIDs too. I will look more into that.

Roger Shuttleworth
Technical Documentation
AV-BASE Systems Inc.
1000 Air Ontario Drive, Suite 200