FM 8 to ePub?

Tina Ricks tina at trialguides.com
Fri Nov 4 09:42:29 PDT 2011

Can anyone point me to a good reference on the path from Frame 8.0 to ePub?

I work for a small publisher, and about half of our (print) books are in
FM8. In the last year we have migrated all new projects to InDesign, mostly
because most of our contract book designers work in InDesign and we needed
to be consistent with what they were doing. We have 8 to 10 books in FM8
that I need to migrate to ePub, ideally with as little cost as possible.
After this conversion, we won't be using FrameMaker much anymore, so I don't
want to invest any more than needed.

So. some questions:

--Do I need to upgrade to a more current version of Frame to do this?

--Is there an intermediary piece of software I need to buy?

--Can anyone recommend a good reference (web site, book, etc.) describing
how to convert Frame documents to ePub?

Thanks in advance.

Tina

Tina Ricks | Managing Editor | Trial Guides

tina @ trialguides.com

http://www.trialguides.com <http://www.trialguides.com/>