FM 8 to ePub?

Ben Allums allums at webworks.com
Fri Nov 4 13:55:14 PDT 2011

On 11/4/2011 11:42 AM, Tina Ricks wrote:
> Can anyone point me to a good reference on the path from Frame 8.0 to ePub?
>
> I work for a small publisher, and about half of our (print) books are in
> FM8. In the last year we have migrated all new projects to InDesign,
> mostly because most of our contract book designers work in InDesign and
> we needed to be consistent with what they were doing. We have 8 to 10
> books in FM8 that I need to migrate to ePub, ideally with as little cost
> as possible. After this conversion, we won’t be using FrameMaker much
> anymore, so I don’t want to invest any more than needed.

Tina,

NOTE: I work for WebWorks.

There are various options available to you.  It may come down to a
trade-off of time versus money.

WebWorks ePublisher can create ePUB books from FrameMaker sources.  It
runs $795 for a renewable license (1 year of use and support).  You can
format the ePUB book with ePublisher's Style Designer.

Other options may exist, though you might have to spend more time
creating the ePUB books than would be worth the effort.

Ben Allums
allums at webworks.com