FM 8 to ePub?

David Creamer IDEASlists at IDEAStraining.com
Mon Nov 7 20:45:50 PST 2011

InDesign actually has quite a bit of Frame-like features, including
straddled heads. Not everything, of course, but a lot and more with each
version. Some things, like tables, typography, graphics, and ePubs are much
more advanced in InDesign. Generally, it is RTF as the middle man that lacks
the functionally.

I should have mentioned the excellent Mif2Go. A must have utility.

Another option for converting Frame files to InDesign is DTPtool's Mif
Filter for InDesign.

David Creamer
IDEAS Training

>BTW, many of our customers have used the Word RTF output to get to
InDesign.
>You don't get to keep all Frame features, since ID doesn't have them, but
it's a good start.