Using Save as PDF generates error: SPLWOW64.EXE

Theresa de Valence TdeV at bstw.com
Wed Nov 16 16:51:26 PST 2011

Posted this originally on Adobe forum, but vaguely remember other posts
dealing with this issue. Unfortunately I can't find any of the posts.

Recently upgraded to Win 7 Professional 64 bit
Using Frame 8.0p266 (Michael Müller-Hillebrand said update to p277 but
this is what Adobe gave me as a download)

Have installed Windows XP mode, but it is not clear to me what I do now.
I have edited the properties of the desktop shortcut for Framemaker to
run program in XP SP3 as administrator. Do I need to uninstall Frame
from the Windows 7 machine and reinstall it in the virtual pc machine?

What I'm trying to do is to save a file as PDF off the Frame menu which
is what generates the SPLWOW64.EXE error. I have noticed a couple of
quirks in the screen display of Frame since I've been on the Windows 7
box, but I'm mostly composing, so I haven't seen many errors.

It was recommended to me to print to Postscript, but I don't seem to be
able to get that working at all.

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed,
Theresa