Applying Paragraph Tags with F9 Not Working in Frame 10

Shelly Schneider shelly at softest.com
Thu Nov 17 17:01:19 PST 2011

I find that F8, F9, and Ctrl+4 (setting conditions)  work in Frame 9 and
Frame 10. They're just a bit creaky in the morning and need to be reminded
what they're about (like me). The first time I use F8 after opening Frame,
the usual selection box on the bottom frame of the window doesn't exactly
appear. Instead, it displays something like "Not Applicable" with a down
arrow to its right. (Sorry, I can't be more exact, but I can't close and
restart Frame right now so I'm going from memory.) Click there, and the
familiar selection box for char tags should appear. Apply one and voila,
Bob's yer uncle! Now you're set for the reminder of your Frame session. This
must be done once for each of F8, F9, and Ctrl 4.

Of course, there's always Jeremy's solution.

HTH!

Shelly Schneider

Every woman should marry an archaeologist because she grows increasingly
attractive to him as she grows increasingly to resemble a ruin.
<http://quotes4all.net/agatha%20christie.html> Agatha Christie

Having just upgraded to FrameMaker 10 from Frame 8 -- I now find that I can
no longer consistently apply tagging using the F8 (Character catalog) and

F9 (Paragraph Catalog). Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Is there a workaround of some sort to get these function keys to reliably
work?

Linda