Thanks to all who responded

Garnier Garnier garnier_framescript at yahoo.co.in
Wed Nov 23 06:02:13 PST 2011

Hello Listers,

Thanks for providing different options to extract text from jpeg files.

I was provided a scanned manual (jpeg) that was converted to pdf and I wanted to extract and use some of the text.

I finally purchased Abby FineReader - OCR software (www.abbyy.com ) from a retailer and could easily extract the required contents. Personally I found it easy to use except that the text needs to be reformated.

Once again thanks to each of you who responded. It is sincerely appreciated.

THANKS
Garnier