Updating book-wide paragraphs/elements?

Alan Houser arh at groupwellesley.com
Wed Nov 23 10:12:13 PST 2011

Hi All,

I'm having trouble getting FrameMaker to update book-wide lists of
paragraph formats and elements. This shows up in the following places:
- Cross-reference dialog
- Edit > Set up Table of Contents
- File > Save as PDF > PDF Setup > Bookmarks

The list of paragraph formats/elements appears to be "old" -- it's not
updated as I add new elements/para formats to book components (fm
binary, both structured and unstructured). Nor do element context labels
appear. I feel like the list is being cached somewhere, and not
cleared/updated.

I'm running Windows Vista. I noticed this behavior after I installed the
10.0.2 patch, but I'm not certain the two are connected.

Is anybody else seeing this?

-Alan
--
Fellow, Society for Technical Communication <http://www.stc.org>Alan Houser