Imported Para Formats Don't Update Current Formats

Wed Nov 30 13:31:22 PST 2011

Nancy Allison wrote:

> I've just imported a Header format into all the files of a book. Of
> course, this Header format is used only on the Master pages.
>
> The new format does not overwrite the old unless I physically open each
> file, go to the Master page, and reapply the format.
>
> Is this a known bug that I am suddenly only now waking up to?

The new pgf format has _exactly_ the same name as the old, right (header and Header are not the same)?

To update one file, select a pgf with the new format, and in Paragraph Designer select Commands > Global Update Options. In that dialog, select All Properties and All Matching Tags in Selection. Click Update.

To update other files, import both the pgf tags and the master pages from the file you updated.

HTH!

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.