FrameMaker 9 keyboard weirdness

Shlomo Perets shlomo2 at microtype.com
Mon Oct 3 05:04:58 PDT 2011

Gay,

You wrote:

>What on earth have I done? Suddenly single or double quotes in
>FrameMaker 9 (fully patched) display as question marks. (Only in Frame,
>not Outlook, Notepad, or Word.)
>
>I've been on Windows 7 for awhile now; only thing I've changed recently
>is to edit maker.ini so Ctrl-V will paste text from Word instead of
>having it come in as OLE. My co-workers who did the same thing haven't
>had this substitution and none of my other keys have been remapped.

Check the SmartQuotes= entry in your maker.ini file, comparing it to a
backup version of maker.ini if available, or to your co-workers' version.
(you may also try resetting it to according to the sample language-dependent
values provided above the entry in the maker.ini file)

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com
FrameMaker/TCS training & consulting * FrameMaker-to-Acrobat
TimeSavers/Assistants