FrameMaker 9 keyboard weirdness

Michael Müller-Hillebrand mmh at cap-studio.de
Wed Oct 5 01:22:13 PDT 2011

If you are interested to have this working for international text as well, starting with FrameMaker 8 you should put UNICODE TEXT in the front position. Otherwise you would loose Cyrillic, Greek, Central European, Baltic characters -- in case you want to paste them.

- Michael Müller-Hillebrand

Am 04.10.2011 um 20:04 schrieb Gay Alson:

> Sorry, Framers, I answered Lea offline, but in case anyone else is
> interested, here's how to do it (thanks to my super colleague, Stephane
> Hogue):
>
> 1.  Open maker.ini   C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\FrameMaker9\maker.ini
> 2.  In the ClipboardFormatsPriorities key, move TEXT from the end to the
> beginning of the list =TEXT, FILE, OLE 2, EMF, META, DIB, BMP, MIFW,
> MIF, RTF, UNICODE TEXT
> 3.  Save the ini file and restart FrameMaker.
>
> What a time-saver this little gem is!
> ~~Gay
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 12:40:21 -0500
> From: "Kelley, Lea Shannon" <lea.kelley at thyssenkrupp.com>
> To: <framers at lists.frameusers.com>
> Subject: Re: FrameMaker 9 keyboard weirdness
>
> Gay wrote:
>
> How do I change the maker.ini so Ctrl-V will paste text from Word?
>

> Lea Shannon Kelley

Michael Müller-Hillebrand: Dokumentation Technology
Adobe Certified Expert, FrameMaker
Consulting and Training, FrameScript, XML/XSL, Unicode
Blog [de]: http://cap-studio.de/