Scary responsibility in job ad

Daniel Doornbos - PTU danield at promise.com
Thu Oct 6 10:45:50 PDT 2011

Just my opinion but I think engineers gravitate to that field because they relate better to things than to people.

They’re great with formulas but lousy when communicating with us mere mortals.

Where I work, most of the engineers speak English as a second language.

Occasionally ESL engineers try to “correct” my work by introducing spelling and grammatical errors, incomprehensible sentences, or information placed where the user would never find it.

Typically a citation from the Chicago Manual of Style cools their enthusiasm.

Daniel