Scary responsibility in job ad

hessiansx4 hessiansx4 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 6 20:35:24 PDT 2011

I tend to agree with Richard, although I can see Nadine's point.

I'm sure it can be frustrating to feel that you are tasked with "helping" someone (who is making way more money than you are) with basic language skills.

On the other hand, "we" are all in this together. Products are designed/created/ tested/documented/marketed/maintained by a TEAM. I was once tasked with negotiating training costs for a very expensive application simply because I was a native English speaker. I could have said "not my job", but didn't. And it turned out to be a great learning experience; I had the opportunity to work with some folks I might otherwise not have had the chance to. (And I found out I was a decent negotiator!)