FrameMaker 10: Changing rule colors in a Table Format

Mon Oct 10 21:58:18 PDT 2011

Steve Whalley wrote:

> How can I change the colors of the rules (lines) when creating a Table
> Format in an FM template?
>
> The Table Designer allows for shading colors, but not rule colors. I've
> tried changing the color using: Table > Format > Custom Ruling and
> Shading which works for that particular table, but the info is not
> retained in the Table Format when the file is saved.

I'm using FM 7.2, but I doubt that this has changed. It's a two-part process. First, you have to define a new ruling line style. Then, you can apply it using the Table Designer.

1) Go to Table > Custom Ruling and Shading.
2) In the Custom Ruling and Shading dialog box, click Edit Ruling Style.
3) In the Edit Ruling Style dialog box, change Name to something meaningful, like "Green 1pt."
4) Change Color to the color you want, set Width as desired, and click Set.

Now, when you go to the Table Designer's Ruling tab, your new ruling line style will be available in the various ruling line lists.

HTH!

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.