installing PDF printer driver

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 12:03:46 PDT 2011

Are you saying there are no logical Acrobat printers in your Printers
folder after a normal  install?

On 10/23/11, Carol J. Elkins <celkins at awrittenword.com> wrote:
> Framers, I can't find an answer in the archives so hope you can help.
> Via my TechCommSuite 2 license, I've never had a problem installing
> Acrobat Pro any version on any computer before, and the PDF printer
> driver always shows up in the list of available printers. This hasn't
> happened on my new laptop (running Win7), perhaps because I don't
> have a printer directly connected to it (don't know why that would
> matter, though). Although Acrobat 9 Pro Extended installed correctly
> on the laptop, the PDF printer driver isn't in the list of printers.
> Therefore, I cannot print to the PDF driver and generate a PDF via
> Distiller.
>
> I think I need to manually install the appropriate PPD file, but I
> appear to be having a senior moment. I don't know which PPD file to
> install or how to go about doing it. (Did it used to be this complex
> in earlier Windows versions?) I thought I could look on my desktop
> computer to see what PPD is in use there, but there are a zillion PPD
> files there and I can't really determine which one I should be
> working with. The Win7 Control Panel doesn't show me which driver is
> in use either. I'm probably making this much harder than it needs to
> be, and forgive me in advance if I'm not using the correct
> terminology. Can anyone help?
>
> Carol

> Carol J. Elkins---A Written Word LLC
> Making Information Understandable
> Phone: 719-948-3773
> mailto:celkins at awrittenword.com
> http://www.awrittenword.com

> or visit

Sent from my mobile device

Art Campbell
          art.campbell at gmail.com
  "... In my opinion, there's nothing in this world beats a '52 Vincent and
a redheaded girl." -- Richard Thompson
                                                      No disclaimers apply.
                                                               DoD 358

I support www.TheGrotonLine.com, hyperlocal news for Groton MA.