Adding a PDF form to a FrameMaker manual

Michael Norton michael.norton at oracle.com
Fri Sep 9 10:38:56 PDT 2011

I'm trying to add a Feedback form to our FrameMaker manuals. These manuals are published as PDF files. We are using FrameMaker 7.2 and Acrobat 8.0.

I have a PDF form designed and can attach it to a PDF manual. I can also set up a bookmark which will display the form as an attachment, but I would prefer to pull it into the FrameMaker book and have it built in every time I print the book. I've tried inserting the PDF form into the book file several ways, such as an inset in an FM file or on a master page, but nothing seems to give me a form with working fields in the resulting PDF.

Preferably, I would like to end up with a PDF manual that has a bookmark named "Send us your comments".  If you click on that bookmark, you go directly to the PDF form which you can then fill in and email to a pre-selected email address. Since the content of the form itself will not change and since we have a large number of manuals, I would like to make this as automatic as possible.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks for any ideas.