Combined Title Page and TOC File

Alison Craig Alison.Craig at ultrasonix.com
Wed Sep 14 16:16:44 PDT 2011

FM 9 Version: 9.0p255
Unstructured
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit
FM Experience: 2+years (mostly self-taught - and I suck at Master Page set-up :()

This is further to yesterday's question on Pagination.

I have created a Book with files using only double-sided pages (as I do with all my Books).

In this case, the book consists of:

Title page (starts on right, 2 pages only, second page blank)
TOC (starts on right, even number of pages, numbered i, ii, iii, etc)
Chapter 1 (starts on right, even number of pages, starts numbering at page 1)
Chapter 2: (starts on right, even number of pages, numbering continues form Chapter 1)
Appendix A: (starts on right, even number of pages, numbering continues form Chapter 2)

My problem is that this series of booklets will only ever have less than one page of TOC - which I would like to create as page 2 of the Title page file.

To make this happen, I have set up the Master Page of the TOC so that the Header and Footer of "page i" look like a left page, rather the right page it actually is. Once I have printed the book and distilled to PDF, I delete pages 4 and 2 so the TOC appears on the back side of the Title Page, even though it started out as a right page.

Is this my only choice or is there a way to combine the Title Page and TOC in one file to get what I want?

FYI: The Title Page has no Footer, while the TOC does.

Alison