Pdf settings

Michael Pearson michael.t.pearson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 08:33:33 PDT 2011

Hi Mathieu,

You can do this with a "Postscript Code" text frame containing a pdfmark
operator. A "Postscript Code" text frame is just a regular text frame that
has the "Postscript Code" property set from the Object Properties dialog.
When that checkbox is selected, any text in the frame is treated as if it
were postscript code. Here is a sample that sets the document to display
with the bookmarks pane open (/UseOutlines) on page 1 (/Page 1) with a zoom
of fit page (/View [/Fit]) in single page rather than continuous scrolling
mode (/PageLayout /SinglePage):

/pdfmark where {pop} {userdict /pdfmark /cleartomark load put} ifelse
[ /PageMode /UseOutlines /Page 1 /View [/Fit] /DOCVIEW pdfmark
[ {Catalog} << /PageLayout /SinglePage >> /PUT pdfmark
[ {Catalog} << /ViewerPreferences << /FitWindow true >> >> /PUT pdfmark

Hopefully that will get you started. For a full list of the options
available, see the PDFMark documentation from Adobe, here:
http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/pdfmark_reference.pdf

HTH,

--Mike