unstable printing process for FrameMaker 10

Joseph Lorenzini jaloren at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 10:09:25 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I just upgraded from TCS 2.0 to TCS 3.5. This means I upgraded from
FrameMaker 9 to FrameMaker 10. I am noticing what seems to be a buggy
behavior when I print to PDF in FrameMaker 10. Semi-frequently, when I print
a file from a book or the entire book, FrameMaker freezes and crashes. Then,
the print job is still in the adobe PDF printer's queue and I have to
manually uninstall and reinstall the printer to get things working again.

I find this absolutely maddening. I am praying that there's something wrong
with my system and not a bug between FrameMaker 10 and Acrobat X
integration. I would find it appalling if there was a bug.  I did not see
this behavior at all in FrameMaker 9.

Note that currently I installed TCS 3.5 on top of TCS 2.0. That means I have
FrameMaker 9 and FrameMaker 10 installed at the same time though I don't
know why that would cause any problems.

Here are my system specs:
Windows 7, 64-bit
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU