Importing PDF Comments into FrameMaker 10

Joseph Lorenzini jaloren at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 12:49:38 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I just recently upgraded to TCS 3.5. I am doing the following:

1. create a tagged pdf from a framemaker book.
2. made comments in the pdf
3. imported the PDF comments into the framemaker book.

I am noticing the following:

-any time I do an import into the book, the comments are imported as markers
instead of presenting as track changes. I am making sure to only modify text
(as opposed to text insets, xrefs, etc). How do I get it to show up as track
changes?
-i can't seem to successfully import pdf comments if I generate a single
document as opposed to the whole book. No idea why.

Did see this post but its not exactly on point. In any case, it sounds like
importing PDF comments is pretty bug in FM 10, which is really frustrating
for such an important feature.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3926495#3926495

Sincerely,
Joseph Lorenzini