Importing PDF Comments into FrameMaker 10

Joseph Lorenzini jaloren at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 14:49:42 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I actually think I figured out the problem here. If a block of text is being
edited (deleted or replaced) and the text happens to contain content that
cannot be in track text (TT) edits , such as variables, and xrefs, then a
marker is created which contains the edit. The track text edits only work if
the content being edited is only text.

I did not realize this. I assumed the text surrounding the marker text would
be placed in TT edits and only thing that cannot be in a TT edit would be in
the marker. I must say this significantly reduces the usability of importing
PDF comments into FrameMaker. its not as if a reviewer is going to know that
a variable is the PDF and he should avoid editing it so it can show up as
track text edits in FM.

Sincerely,
Joseph Lorenzini