Acrobat Pro X is Slow

Joseph Lorenzini jaloren at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 16:29:29 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I recently upgraded from TCS 2.5 to TCS 3.5. This means I went from Acrobat
9 Pro Extended to Acrobat X Professional. Has anyone else noticed a
significant slowness in opening and navigating through PDFs in 10 compared
to 9? I have 8 GB of RAM and a solid state drive for pete sake and Acrobat X
still noticeably lags when loading a PDF, selecting a link etc. According to
this forum post, I am not alone.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3796164

One suggestion was to disable the enhanced security, which I did. Once I
did, I did notice a small improvement in speed but nothing enormous. The
most "expensive" operation is opening the comment pane to review the
commands made in a PDF. Scrolling through the list or selecting a comment
almost makes the PDF hang. And of course, reviewing PDF comments is
basically the only reason I use Acrobat.

Also, please keep in mind that this is after TWO reinstalls of the entire
TCS 3.5 suite.

At this point, I am thinking about just using Acrobat Reader 9 to review
comments, which I find pathetic.  I find it unbelievable that adobe would
release product with this amount instability.

Sincerely,
Joseph Lorenzini

PS Can someone explain to me why you can't resize the comment pane in
Acrobat Pro X? And yes that's more of a rhetorical question. :(