FM10 screwy x-ref formatting

John Sgammato jsgammato at IMPRIVATA.com
Thu Sep 29 15:06:33 PDT 2011

I have a simple x-ref that works fine in 7 books and screwy in an eight book.

<Blue><$paratext> </>on page <$pagenum>

usually produces the desired blue text for the title and plain text for the page number,
but in the errant book the entire x-ref is blue.

When I update the x-ref, it behaves properly. But when I update all x-refs in the book, it reverts to the all-blue look.
It makes no difference if I use </> or <Default ¶ Font> after the <$paratext>.

Any ideas what causes this and how to make it behave properly?

(unstructured FM10)

john