Missing Toolbar Icons in 8.0

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 1 17:43:58 PDT 2012

The text formatting tool buttons (which many Frame users will tell you that you shouldn't be using anyway, since they apply formatting as an ad hoc override to the paragraph format rather than applying a named character style) are one of four different sets of buttons that you cycle through with the up and down arrowhead buttons near the middle of the toolbar. If any segment of the little ladder-like icon in between the arrowheads is other than the top one is highlighted, FrameMaker is telling you that you are displaying one of the two sets of drawing object tools (for operations like aligning, bringing to front, etc.) or the set of table tools.

-Fred Ridder