How to replace curved apostrophe with straight apostrophe?

Theresa de Valence TdeV at bstw.com
Sun Apr 1 18:44:36 PDT 2012

On 3/31/2012 3:41 PM, Theresa de Valence wrote:
> Frame 8.
>
> How do I search/replace for curved apostrophe to straight apostrophe?
> How do I search/replace for curved open and close quotes to straight
> quotes?

I've received a note off-list complaining about my clarity. Because of
the length of time it takes my posts to appear on the list, I'm
clarifying my statement:
I have a bunch of text which is mixed curved and straight quotes, and
curved and straight apostrophes. I would like to use search/replace to
find and replace the quotes. How does one get the quote (either curved
or straight) into the search FROM or TO box? The character does not have
an ALT-0000 sequence and the control-q+shift-i doesn't work.

> I have smart quotes turned off (which turns ON curved apostrophe).
On my system this happens. Any ideas how to change it? (The curved and
straight apostrophes LOOK different on my screen and print differently).

Thanks,
Theresa