How to replace curved apostrophe with straight apostrophe?

David Artman david at davidartman.com
Mon Apr 2 06:56:45 PDT 2012

> On 3/31/2012 3:41 PM, Theresa de Valence wrote:
> > Frame 8.
> >
> > How do I search/replace for curved apostrophe to straight apostrophe?
Find: ALT+0146 (’)
Replace: ' (just type it)

> > How do I search/replace for curved open and close quotes to straight
> > quotes?

Find: ALT+0147 (“) or ALT+0148 (”)
Replace: "

But I'd do the opposite, as a "straight quote" is the symbol for feet or
minutes. Search for the straight quotes and replace them with curved. Do
the double quotes in two passes: the first with Find & Change, not
Replace All (for the open quote); the second with Replace All (for the
closed quote).