Transferring a document into Frame

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Wed Apr 11 13:27:08 PDT 2012

Hi Sam,

Unfortunately, that is how it remains unless you are able to enforce the correct use of templates that were set up to only use styles that have been designed to match those in the end application, FM.

I have in the past been able to to convince some content developers to only use those styles, but it is the exceptions that cause the headaches. Running a list of styles used (with Paragraph Tools, for example) enables one to locate incorrect styles and replace them. Sometimes the searching and replacing (remember a Character Style may be limited to one space, tab marker, etc.) can take as long it would have taken to apply the styles manually. However that was on version 7, when the keyboard commands all worked properly.

Regards
Alan

--
AlphaByte