Save FrameMaker 10 files to be read in Word

John Sgammato jsgammato at IMPRIVATA.com
Thu Apr 19 10:05:09 PDT 2012

I use the Mif2Go save as RTF feature all the time. It is excellent and I am happy to vouch for it.
john

-----Original Message-----
From: framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com [mailto:framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Jeremy H. Griffith
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2012 11:41 AM
To: framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Re: Save FrameMaker 10 files to be read in Word

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 15:23:28 +0100, "Andy Smith \(WFL\)"
<andy.smith at wingedfeet.co.uk> wrote:

>I've been told in the past that it's possible to export a FrameMaker
>file or book as a Word file.

That's one of the major use cases for Mif2Go.
Tou can export to Word with Track Changes locked on, so when your client edits you can see exactly what changed.

Mif2Go produces a Word RTF file that closely resembles the Frame file, even simulating some of the Frame features Word does not support, like sideheads.  You can download the free demo at:
  http://www.omsys.com/dcl/download.htm

If you like it, a single-seat license is only $295.
Mif2Go is also free for the unemployed, underemployed consultants, academics, most nonprofits, and FOSS developers and documenters:
  http://www.omsys.com/dcl/offer.htm

HTH!

  <jeremy at omsys.com>  http://www.omsys.com/ _______________________________________________

You are currently subscribed to framers as jsgammato at imprivata.com.