Future Plans for Adobe FM/RH?

Mike Wickham info at mikewickham.com
Thu Apr 19 11:51:09 PDT 2012

> My manager just asked me to find out if Adobe has plans for any major
> upgrades to FrameMaker/RoboHelp/TCS in the next year, so she can add
> money to the budget for it if we think the upgrade is worth it.  Has
> anyone heard anything?

A couple of weeks ago, the FrameMaker product manager at Adobe posted a
new thread asking for desired features for future FM versions:
http://forums.adobe.com/message/4327964#4327964. So FrameMaker 11 is
definitely in development. In fact, it's possible that his request was
related to work on FrameMaker 12. Based on the typical 18-month release
cycle of the program, FrameMaker 11 is probably due out around July--
FM10 came out in January of 2010-- and FM11 development is probably past
the phase of adding new features now.

Note: Much of this message is just me guessing. Adobe has confirmed only
that there will be a new version of FM, not when, and not whether it
will be a full version upgrade or a point version.

Mike Wickham