Ventura encoded text files

Lynn Gold lgold at us.ibm.com
Mon Apr 23 15:09:16 PDT 2012

When I had to do this I used Maker Markup Language.  I ran a few Emacs
macros over the file and it converted easily.  One of the things to watch
out for is VP and FM use colons and semicolons in Index markers the
opposite way, so when replacing strings you have to make an intermediary
step of replacing one of those to some random text string not likely to
appear in your book.  To wit:

1. Replace ":" with "murgatroyd".
2. Replace ";" with ":".
3. Replace "murgatroyd" wtih ";".