Template Override Madness

Nancy Allison maker at verizon.net
Wed Aug 1 12:53:58 PDT 2012

Hi, all.

I have been struggling with the "Remove Overrides" issue with the cover page template for our user guides. It has a busy first page with a lot of text flows, graphics, variables, etc.

I could not identify the variation between the body page and the master page, so I decided to create a brand new file based on the template file. If the new one was clean, I would ditch the original and rename this one as the template file.

I created a new file and it looked great -- but it stiill has overrides! The new file should use the master page as the basis for the body cover page, correct? And since I haven't touched the brand new body cover page, I can't have created any overrides. Yes????

NO! I still get the message.

Other than flipping back and forth between the Body page and the Master page in the original template file and hoping to spot the difference, I have no idea how to fix this.

All suggestions gratefully received.

--Nancy