chapnum appears twice in PDF bookmarks

Yves Barbion yves.barbion at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 06:17:54 PDT 2012

Hi Framers

I'm using FrameMaker 10 and Acrobat 8 on Windows XP SP3. In my Fm files, I
have designed the autonumbering of my chapters as follows:

N:<$chapnum>[space][space][space][space][space][space][space][space][space][space][space]

I insert these blank spaces to push the chapter title to the next line, for
example (and the alignment is "Center"):

         1
Getting Started

The chapnum is also included in my table of contents and the spaces are
replaced with a single tab (on the reference page):

<$chapnum>\t<$paratext>\t<$pagenum>

This works in Fm but when I generate a PDF, I see that the chapnum appears
twice in my bookmarks, for example:

1 1 Getting Started

I have also tried the following alternatives, but to no avail:

   - option A: Use a tab and a space in my autonumbering, for example
   N:<$chapnum>\t[space] Same result: chapnum appears twice in my PDF bookmarks
   - separate the chapnum from the chapter title bu using two separate
   paratags, for example ~chapnum (for the chapnum only) and ChapterTitle for
   the actual text of the title. ChapterTitle does not have any autonumbering,
   so I don't get the chapnum in my PDF bookmarks

The only option I see for now is to this:

N:<$chapnum>\t

and put the text of the chapter title on the same line as the chapnum.

Are there any other alternatives?

Thanks

--
Yves Barbion