FNTCACHE.DAT missing

Mike Wickham info at mikewickham.com
Mon Aug 20 09:04:56 PDT 2012

For me, also on Windows 7 64-bit, FNTCACHE.DAT is located at
\windows\system32. I know that there was a Microsoft hotfix issued to
fix a fntcache.dat problem in earlier Windows versions, but I thought
the hotfix was rolled into Windows 7, making any regular deletion of the
file unnecessary.

I also seem to recall a few times when Windows 7 search didn't find
files for me that were definitely there.

Mike Wickham