How to reset FrameMaker Configuration Defaults

Thomas, Lynn Lynn.Thomas at inin.com
Tue Aug 14 13:08:38 PDT 2012

I inadvertently converted my user variables to text in one of my documents. I luckily had a backup stored elsewhere so I simply replaced my document. Unfortunately, I am still unable to edit user variables. It seems that this change was to FrameMaker (version 9, p255) and not to the doc.  I looked in the maker.ini file to see if there was a setting I could change but I didn't see anything related to variables. I did find a setting for variables in the mif2rtf.ini file however, and changed it to ConvertVariablbes=No but that didn't change anything either.  I then completely uninstalled FrameMaker and reinstalled but it is still keeping my original configuration. Does anyone know how I can reset Frame or at least get the option to change my user variables back?
Thanks.

Lynn Thomas | Manager, Course Development
phone & fax +1.317.715.8614 | lynn.thomas at inin.com

Interactive Intelligence
Deliberately Innovative
www.inin.com<http://www.inin.com/>
[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: cid:image001.png at 01CC50F6.539B5F10]<http://www.inin.com/facebook>[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: cid:image003.png at 01CC50F6.539B5F10]<http://www.inin.com/twitter>[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: cid:image005.png at 01CC50F7.5FF508A0]<http://www.inin.com/linkedin>[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: cid:image004.png at 01CC5106.F5DCBE80]<http://www.inin.com/youtube>[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: cid:image010.png at 01CC5106.53AC34B0]<http://www.inin.com/Pages/Blogs.aspx>