Running H/F "Looking Backwards" or "Current open para"

David Artman david at davidartman.com
Mon Aug 20 12:34:36 PDT 2012

Hi, all--FM8 Unstructured on Win7.

GOAL: Trying to use a Running H/F to show readers the "major step" in
which they are *currently* working.

ISSUE: The Running H/F picks up the first major step para on the current
page, *NOT* the major step in which they are working.

EXAMPLE: User began step "20.5" several pages earlier, and he or she is
currently viewing the final step, "20.5.h", with step "20.6" appearing
next para down on the page. The Running H/F shows "20.6" because that is
the first para of type "step" to appear on the page; *BUT* I want it to
show the *most-recent, current* "step" number: "20.5".

I suspect this is not possible in unstructured FM 8....

Thanks, if you got a method!
David