MindTouch > FrameMaker migration ideas

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Thu Aug 23 14:19:05 PDT 2012

I have developers drafting stuff in a MindTouch Core wiki that needs
to be incorporated into unstructured FrameMaker documents. MindTouch
Core has no native export function. The source is XHTML.

Best bet I've found is copying from IE in WYSIWYG mode and pasting as
RTF. Formatting is largely preserved so it's clear what needs to be
cleaned up. XHTML tags such as <code> and <h2> show up as paragraph
tags. Maybe I could even rename the FM paragraph tags to match and
stuff would reformat automatically or if I removed overrides.

Conceivably I could switch to structured FrameMaker, import the XHTML,
and switch back to unstructured, but that seems unlikely to be faster
or cleaner. I can't just do it in structured as I'm stuck with an
existing template.

Anybody have any other ideas?