MindTouch > FrameMaker migration ideas

Yves Barbion yves.barbion at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 12:58:09 PDT 2012

Hi Robert

With FrameMaker 11, you could also use the new Smart Paste feature:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtWb53fgJZ0

I have just tested this with "topics" which I copied from our own
Confluence wiki and our website. Some of them have some pretty "complex"
structures to transform back to XML, for example numbered steps with
unordered lists, graphics and a table, as in this topic:

http://www.scripto.nu/index.php?q=en/node/56

I got valid DITA topics in most cases.

It's not a problem to use an existing template with structured Frame. You
can just take one of the default Fm templates to publish DITA as PDF and
customize that one.

Kind regards

--
Yves Barbion