date building blocks in user variables

Mary Sheahan mhs_tw at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 28 13:00:16 PDT 2012

Ahhhh....I love the archive of this list!  Is there any place where I can read up on the pros & cons of this?  What about work practices to keep it from unintentionally resetting to Frame's default value?

I've inherited templates designed by someone who now works elsewhere, and they include an edited system variable. Specifically, "current year (long)" was borrowed to use in copyright statements as just <$year>. Unfortunately, that's reset to Frame's default value more than once.  Our documents are worked on at different sites by people of varying levels of skill with Frame.  Some occurrences are with outside translators and might be related to translation-management software.

Thanks in advance,
Mary