OT: Acrobat X Pro settings

Chris Coggins cacoggins at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 13:25:29 PDT 2012

Would anyone happen to know how to copy the Acrobat X Pro settings from a
pc to a laptop, all things being equal (same os, graphics display, etc)

The problem prompting this request is that the newly installed Acrobat X
Pro on the laptop does not save PDFs in the same way as the one on the pc.
Specifically, when I open a pdf and add markups to it in the laptop
version, the resulting saved file is huge. The same activity on the version
installed on the pc does not  substantially increase the filesize.

Filesizes are an issue when working over a crowded network and I need to
find a way to make the marked-up pdfs much smaller without having to go
through the addition step of saving-as reduced file size. I want to be able
to just save the document in the same manner as was occurring on the pc.

I also noticed a very similar question was posted at the adobe forums last
summer and noone has replied to it. Hopefully someone here might know the
answer to get the same behavior out of a new Acrobat X Pro install as was
occurring on a different computer.

Thanks,
Chris