greenfield and new structure

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Sat Dec 1 07:27:10 PST 2012

At 19:24 -0500 29/11/12, John Sgammato wrote:

>* I want to get rid of many, many paragraph formats that I won't need, but I don't know if it is safe to do that, or if it will break something.

I'm pretty green on structured as well (one project to date, but it was quite a biggie). While building the EDD and template, I decided to get the EDD to control document formatting entirely (or as entirely as possible) by invoking para and char tags in the template. With this approach, I ended up with quite a lot of para and char tags that existed solely to fulfil some aspect of the mechanisation of the design, and which should ideally never be available to users (who shouldn't be applying tags directly anyway).

The kludge I used was to prefix the names of such tags with a tilde ('~') to move them to the bottom of the para and char palettes (in the old interface).

I don't know whether this will be of help to you, but enjoy your new role: it sounds a great challenge.

--
Steve