What is a "PI marker" or "programming instruction marker"

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Mon Dec 3 08:50:45 PST 2012

I didn't get that deep into Oxygen when I was evaluating it, but it
didn't seem like there was any need to mess directly with DITA-OT.
Oxygen can generate .chm off the shelf. It felt like using RoboHelp or
Flare except that the tags were DITA instead of HTML.

Your claim that using Oxygen to create a .chm was like using Notepad
to create a large web site seems way off base to me. It's more like
using Dreamweaver.