Word to .mif conversions in Windows 7

Mike Thorn mat at qad.com
Mon Dec 3 09:16:55 PST 2012

Hi, all.

I'm hoping to replace the Filtrix converter application from Blueberry
Software. Filtrix does not run on Windows 7.

On my old XP machine, I use Filtrix to batch-convert .doc files to .mif.
Although Frame (I have version 9) has a built-in .doc converter, Filtrix
lets me convert a large group of files in a single step.

More important, Filtrix renders the first row of a Word table as a heading
row in the .mif, so the row gets repeated after a page break in Frame. The
native Frame .doc filter interprets the first row as just another row. But
heading rows are critical to my target document--a database reference with
hundreds of tables.

Does anyone know of another product that works like Filtrix?

Thanks,
Mike Thorn
Principal tech writer
QAD Inc.