FrameMaker (dita) and SVN

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Wed Dec 5 08:43:50 PST 2012

There's no integration but it's easy to use and works fine.

I've found the TortoiseSVN client problematic. I recommend using
either the command-line client or the free version of SmartSVN.

Checking out files just creates local copies, it does not lock them as
in some other source control systems. With unstructured FM files,
since they can't be merged you should lock them in SVN if there's any
chance someone else might try to work on them at the same time. With
DITA source, you could go either way.