FrameMaker (dita) and SVN

Steve Johnson chinaski69 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 04:28:55 PST 2012

I've worked with many people in three jobs, writers and engineers
alike ... myself included ... who use TortoiseSVN without issues.
Except for the fact that, because it's a Windows Explorer plug-in, it
has the same refresh issues as Explorer has. Typical example is you'll
do a commit (aka check-in) and the icons SVN puts next to files and
folders don't change; they still look like they need to be committed.
The solution is to do another commit and make sure everything got
checked in.

Unless you prefer the command line or need to script it start off with
TortoiseSVN and move away from it if you have issues.

The other thing to consider is what most other people in your company
use. If you're the only one using command line you won't get any
support from people in your company.